Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vlog post

I must admit: ship life has become routine for me. I credit this to the fact that we do 3 and 4 day cruises over the same area. Juxtapose that with my next ship, Adventure of the Seas, where we will do 7 day cruises with 2 different itineraries in the Eastern Caribbean. That means I'll only be in certain ports once every 2 weeks. Hopefully, this will break up the monotony of the trip and inspire more blog posts.

In short, I feel that I've explained everything that is "new" for me about Miami, Nassau, CoCo Cay, and Key West already. Barring anymore "food posts" or movie reviews, there will most likely not be any earth shattering news from the cruise front at this point.

I did think it would be fun to share a little video project that I made recently. First a little background:

All crew cabins are equipped with TV's. We can watch all of the channels that the guests watch from their rooms as well as a few other channels just for crew. For example, there is a channel that deals only with crew safety training. Videos on the correct procedure for water tight doors, lifeboat evacuation procedures, etc. We also have several channels that are dedicated to showing movies. Each channel shows one movie, back to back, for about a week. When the movie is ends, it just repeats from the beginning. Over the course of a week or so, you can find time to catch all of the movie if you are so inclined.

One of these channels, for some reason, has turned into the "Freddy Krueger" station. For the past 2 or 3 weeks there have been showings of various films from the "Nightmare on Elm Street" franchise (not in order mind you...and I do find this activates my OCD tendencies). I have always been terrified of these movies. Especially when I was a kid. The idea that there was a murderer who existed in your dreams and would kill you when you were sleeping was truly horrifying to me. To be fair, I've always been afraid of all scary movies. I tend to watch movies while suspending my disbelief completely during the film. During the movie, I get totally wrapped up in the story, characters, and action. This makes for some good times watching movies, but, also predisposes me to living vicariously through the actions of my favorite movie stars and their films (read: I tend to enjoy movies that are generally considered bad by most people/critics).

In any case, watching the Nightmare on Elm Street movies now makes me wonder how I could ever have been scared by them at all! Not only because the special effects are so hilariously out of date, but, mostly because the idea of a dream killer is so far-fetched and unconvincing.

So, Ian and I were watching one of the Nightmare movies while getting ready to play a show last week and came across a scene that, if we had the technology, would've been rewound and replayed MANY times. We didn't have the ability at the time, so, I decided to create this video. Enjoy!

Guess What Happens Next!


2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what happens next, other than the guy gets messed up, but I think more people should comment on blog posts when they read them.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. More comments, please! :)

    ReplyDelete