Monday, October 22, 2012

Steak on a Stone

My first day off the ship on my new itinerary had me in Funchal, Medeira which is part of Portugal. A friend from Majesty, Rachel, invited me out with some other Adventure Cruise Staff to get "Steak on a Stone" for lunch. Basically, the procedure is this. You order the meat or seafood that you'd like grilled up. It gets prepared for cooking in the kitchen. You are then served your raw meat, side dish, and a REALLY hot stone. You cook the steak right in front of you on the table. It tastes great...just don't for get to let it cool before eating!

A round on the house from our hosts!

Sam preparing to cook King Prawns on a Stone.

Rachel pulled a veteran move and got cooking
assistance from a professional.

Hot stone. Very hot.

I got steak with bacon. Apart from a little spatter
everything was awesome.

Prawns. Garlic. Fries. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment