Monday, September 24, 2012

Say it ain't so, Majesty!


September 24, 2012 is here and today marks the end of Chapter 1 of my Walkabout. I've been onboard the Majesty of the Seas since March 5th and have had a variety of experiences. I remarked to Ian today while saying goodbye that there has really only been one episode onboard so far that I would classify as a negative experience. On the whole, my first exposure to the life of a cruise ship musician has been overwhelmingly positive. I credit that to the lifestyle, but, more importantly to the people whom I met and interacted with while living onboard for the past 6 months. 

Usually, I'd be prone to blather on here meandering between vague point and obscure anecdote. I'll spare you that for today and give you the opportunity to experience a small slice of the last half-year of my life by watching the following video. Since I'm notoriously bad at saying goodbye (never mind saying cruise ship goodbyes, which are a totally different kind of farewell), this video will have to suffice.

If you follow the link below (or highlight/paste into your favorite browser) the video should start immediately. Faster internet connections will be better since the video is 17 minutes long, so, if anyone from onboard is following the link - it's probably best to view while off the ship and not on a mobile device (put down your iPhone, Stephanie Johnson). 


I'm currently sitting in the Miami airport waiting to fly to Indy where I'm going to be visiting with friends and family. I'll also be traveling to Michigan and Chicago. Looking forward to hanging out with all my friends and family and especially to get some quality time with my main man, Ted Oberlander. After 3 weeks jam packed with vacation, I'll fly to Malaga, Spain to start Walkabout: Chapter 2 onboard the Adventure of the Seas.

I'm on my way, Teddy! Can't wait to see you and make some more memories!!

Ted and I checking out the splendor of Lake Michigan.

Me and my rainbow loving buddy at a Harvest Festival in Indiana.

Might be the fastest 7 year old in the tri-state area.



No comments:

Post a Comment