Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Gibraltar

Normally, my visits to port include a short amount of sightseeing (anything within walking distance) and a search for WiFi internet to stay in contact with folks back home. However, because I have the unique opportunity to visit Europe for free, I've been skipping the internet search in lieu of tours to see more of the countryside and culture of these different areas. This past cruise took me to Gibraltar. This unique port is an extremely busy shipping location with literally tons of goods and oil moving through the strait daily. Also featuring a large rock formation, this port provides some spectacular views. On this particular day I completely lucked out with the weather and had an opportunity for some great pictures of the surrounding area…and some monkeys. 


The Med.

That's Africa in the distance.

The Atlantic.

Me and my good friend Jivan.

Caves may be more breathtaking in person.




Unpaid tourist guide.



The monkeys can smell my fear.




How about that weather?

Seriously. The weather!

Cannon view.



Across the airport runway is Spain.




No comments:

Post a Comment