Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Avengers


Went to the movies Monday in Miami! Haven't been to a movie theater in a long time and it was a welcome change to the day to day monotony of the ship life. Went to the show with 4 friends, Ian (new roommate and trumpet player), Blair (saxophone), and Danielle (stage tech) and we saw The Avengers in 3D. Pretty easy. Split a 15 minute cab ride from the ship to the theater, bought tickets, donned our sporty 3D glasses and enjoyed the movie. I liked the movie as it delivered exactly what I expected: big time special effects, funny one-liners from Robert Downey Jr., and Scarlett Johansen in tight pants. The trifecta to be sure!

After the movie we went to Chili's for a bite to eat. I know it's a chain and I know it's pretty low quality food, but, I LOVE me some Chili's. I kept it reasonable, though. Had a "lighter choice" wrap (under 750 calories!) and just picked at the skillet queso and other appetizers.

All in all an awesome day. Looking forward to doing it again in June for the new Batman flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment