Monday, May 14, 2012

This made me think of my Dad


I was walking through a Key West neighborhood and saw this bird tiptoeing around on the other side of the street. Whenever I see this particular type of bird, it reminds me of playing golf with my Dad. 



These birds populate the golf courses at Bonita Bay Golf Club where Dad and I played the majority of our golf together. We had some really good times on those courses. He and I played golf together even when he could barely walk anyone. We'd get a blue handicap flag for my Dad's cart and drive right up to his ball. I'd help him out of the cart, watch him hit his shot, and then help him back into the cart to drive to the next shot. My friend John Garvie joined us for many of those golf outings. When I think about those times, it makes me smile.

My Dad died this Fall. RIP, Chas.

It was a nice memory on a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment