Sunday, July 1, 2012

Food post!

Checked out Ozzi Sushi today in Miami. I love sushi, but, this place was different. Patrons don't order from a menu or place an order with a server. In the center of the restaurant is a sushi chef. He is surrounded by a bar where customers sit. When he finishes making a dish he plates it and places it on a small boat. The boat the floats around the bar for diners to check out. If you like what you see, you just pick it up off the boat and eat. You are charged by the plate (and quite reasonably, I might add).

This serves two purposes of which I'm a fan.

1) You can see the food before deciding to eat it. Always nice for the novice (read: cautious) sushi eater like myself.

2) The amounts are small. If you don't like something, it's not very much food and not very expensive. Basically, it's over quickly. Kind of like a They Might Be Giants song. If you don't like it, don't worry. It won't be around for too much longer.

Here's some pictures I took. I'll definitely be going back to this place!


My first round. A sampling of other offerings below.








Here's a vid of how the "moat" works.

No comments:

Post a Comment