Thursday, July 12, 2012

Waffles on the Bridge


Twice a month we have an event on the Majesty called "Waffles on the Bridge." It happens exactly as it sounds like it does: waffles are cooked on the bridge of the ship and all crew are invited to partake. I went this week to check it out. It was my first time up there. It's a nice opportunity to meet and talk with some of the officers onboard. I found out that the Hotel Director is a huge jazz fan. His favorite trumpet player is Clifford Brown. Nice!

Also, I got to see first hand an area of the ship that most people don't get to see. I didn't have any waffles (trying to watch my figure, you know), but, they sure smelled good! Pics below - enjoy!

Great views of Nassau from the "wing" of the bridge.



Looking back at the Majesty from the bridge.



We were parked next to Carnival and Disney ships.


The Bahamian Naval vessel looks like a toy from our ship.


Instrument panel inside.


The picture does not do this view justice. You can
see just about everything from the bridge windows.
Best view I've had from the ship yet!

This is a picture of some pictures of the bottom hull
of the Majesty from dry dock. Side thrusters, stabilizers, 
and props in the back. Cool stuff.

Waffles, ice cream, whipped cream, berries, chocolate
sauce. I can't believe I stayed away!

From this panel the officers can control and monitor
operation of the water tight doors onboard.

Me in the big chair with my friend Ahmed (he works
on the bridge).

Out the front windows to the bow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment