Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nature Trail


Tony and I checked out the Nature Trail on CoCo Cay this week. It's a rocky (volcanic?) walk through the green brush on the interior of the island. The trail winds through the brush and has several paths that shoot off to the beach. We found one that looked remarkably like those Corona commercials on TV so we tried to recreate that with me sitting and looking out over the water. Plans are in the works to get a 6 pack and some cigars for this location in the future.

While I was searching for the entrance to the trail I found a large lizard. In fact, I almost stepped on him. He was roughly 16 inches long and more than twice that when you add in his tail. He was just chilling out in the sun/shade. Wasn't sure if he was dangerous, but, I didn't want to bother him so I took some pictures with the zoom.

My Polish friend and bass player, Janousz. (Pretty sure that's not spelled correctly. Sorry, dude.)

My lizard friend.








Corona, anyone?

"Find your beach."

Tony was NOT ready for me to take this pic.




On the tender heading back to the Majesty.



2 comments:

  1. :) I believe that is an iguana, and he looks happy that you didn't squish him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like he's ready to chomp down on my toe, to me. :)

      Delete