Saturday, November 17, 2012

Land Ho!


After 6 straight days of sailing without land in sight, the Adventure of the Seas has finally finished the Atlantic crossing. Our first port of call in the Caribbean was St. Johns, Antigua on November 15. After drill in the morning and a noon rehearsal, I made my way off the ship. It felt great to be back on solid ground. I don't mind traveling by ship, but, that's a lot of days in a row to be trapped onboard. It's true, being 'trapped' onboard a luxury cruise ship could be much worse (especially with the prices in the crew bar), so I recognize that as a first world problem. However, it was so nice to be on solid ground I immediately hugged a tree!




Antigua is one of our regular stops, so, I'm sure I'll explore it much more thoroughly. Today, I just got a quick lunch and split a bottle of sweet white wine with a few friends. Nice to be back in (or at least close to) the Eastern Time Zone. Looking forward to cell phone service in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment