Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sol Y Son

Grabbed lunch in Gran Canaria today at a Cuban Restaurant called Sol Y Son with some guys in the band. The food was OUTSTANDING and freshly made to order. I had black beans and rice, beef with peppers, salad, fried plantains, and something like a Hush Puppy or fritter. It was basically mashed potato stuffed with spicy beef and deep fried. Good and good for you, too!

There was also an interesting playlist of music during our lunch. I was expecting some son clave or cha cha, but, instead we got the following. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying.

Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx
All Night Long - Lionel Richie
Memories - Barbara Streisand
Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship (from the movie Mannequin...oh yeah!)
When A Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge
Easy - Lionel Richie
And I Love Her - The Beatles
Carrie - Europe

Pictures!

If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend checking this place out.

L to R: Joodi (2nd Trumpet), Kris (Musical Director/Drums), Beau (Tenor Sax), Yours Truly

The before pic.

The aftermath.


2 comments:

  1. Didn't know you were working with Joodi! I covered his vacation on the Indy last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, man. Good times so far. He mentioned that you had filled for him before.

    ReplyDelete